Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Notebook (2004)


Directed by Nick Cassavetes 

Written by Jeremy Leven (screenplay), Jan Sardi (adaptation) and Nicholas Sparks 














   After 15 years I finally saw the famous "chick flick" and I've gotta say I was slightly underwhelmed.  I am a sucker for a soppy love story, so that aspect of the movie certainly soothed my cravings, however it just didn't excite me as much as I expected. 
It's the story of a poor man who is driven by his passion who falls in love with a young girl who comes from the other side of town. Their love story is absolutely incredibly to watch, the chemistry between Gosling and McAdams is undeniable. Maybe it was the kind of predictable ending that I didn't like? Not to say I didn't shed tears still. This movie is definitely still worth the watch! 

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment